I've always been fascinated with reading people like an open book. and I would like to say that I'm fairly well at it, except for some rare cases. I try to find meaning in words spoken, actions and looks given: dissecting every little thing. This can't be good, because it drives me CRAZY! So, what I'm going to do is just sit, and ride out the path that is laid.
I like to think that I enjoy the simple finer things in life, but when asked in an in-class assignment one day what interests me enough to write a research paper on, the only things I could think of were school (mainly bugs and rocks) and music. The thing is, yes, music is great, but I couldn't even think of a single aspect about music I would like to write about. School is taking over my brain and my function to live a normal a life! Don't get me wrong, I love school, I just need to learn how to have a life outside of it.
This is pretty sweet. It makes me smile!
A list of some things I like (and are somewhat addicted too):
Music of all sorts. (currently listening to Mark Mothersbaugh)
Coffee
Whiskey
Owls
Bejeweled
Facebook (disgusting)
Good Beer
Dark Chocolate
School
Doodle Jump
Angry Birds
Crossword Puzzles
Portland
Hulu (it's ruining my life)
Foursquare
Shoes
On March 26th, it will mark my 3 year anniversary of moving to Portland. I love Portland, and I don't see myself being anywhere else. (at least not right now in life) I spent most of my life in Seattle, and even though they are both so very similar, they are drastically different:
Portland:
You can j-walk across the street without getting a ticket
The coffee is better
The people are nicer
Small city with a big town feel
Alphabet streets!
The friends I've made (don't get me wrong, I still truly love my Seattle friends!)
Bars are better
More art
Portland prides itself for being weird
Better music
Better public transportation
Bars close at 2:30a.m.
Zero homogeny (everywhere and everybody is different)
Powell's Books
and much much more.. if I happened to leave something out, please let me know.
I want to start painting, the walls in my house need some art on them. I think I will start when the weather is good, then I can paint outside. I also need to start on the garden soon. Too many weather extremes have been prohibiting this. and my lack of motivation.
Birthday is next month. going to Coachella! what?!
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment