I got my final Anthro paper done. When I was writing up the bibliography, I started to get these agonizing stomach pains. I said eff this, I'll turn my paper in late, I really have to go home. So I'm limping to my car because walking was not an option at this point. I get to my car, and I just keel over in pain. (this all started at 3pm) I got home and laid down for a bit, but no matter what position I laid in, the pain wouldn't go away! I've never EVER felt pain like this in my whole life! I seriously thought I was gonna die.
So I take myself to the Doc. They then tell me to go to the ER. So I go to the ER. at this point it's 6pm and I've been in agonizing pain for 3 hours now! I'm waiting in the ER lobby for me to go in, and waiting.. and waiting... crying and yelling and moaning. I swear people thought I was a crazy person! They were definitely staring.. hardcore! The pain is getting worse and I couldn't take it anymore.. I go up to the window and tell them I really need to see a doctor. It was 830 already, I've been in agonizing pain for 5 and 1/2 hours!
I kept on asking for something for the pain, and they kept on telling me not until I see a doctor. So then I told them to let me see a doctor and make this pain go away!! FINALLY I get to see a doctor (at 9pm) I'm freaking out because I'm in so much pain, I'm by myself, and I had no idea what was wrong with me! and I was scared because if was my appendix, I didn't want surgery. At least not when I'm by myself. Luckily I called my mom around 630 and so she was heading down to take care of her baby. But that alone is still a 4 hour drive (traffic included)
I finally get my pain meds, and start to calm down.. Then I get a catscan so they can see what the hell was wrong with me. (oh yeah, and I didn't any pain meds until about 930, so thats 630 hours of agonizing non-stop pain!) (you can definitely see why I was a bit persistent on seeing a doctor for pain meds) Finally at about 11pm the doc comes in and tells me that it's not my appendix (thank god!) but it was a ruptured ovarian cyst on my right ovary. Which I might have to have removed depending on what the OBGYN says. I have an appointment with her on Mon. They discharged me at midnight. Right when I'm about to walk out the door my room, here comes my mom. She missed all the guts and glory and screaming... needless to say, I'm highly drugged up right now, I'm still in a lot of pain, and I can't go to work for 2 freakin days!! (and I don't have anymore sick time!)
I hate my ovaries right now! (well actually, just the right one, the left one is still cool in my book)
So that's my adventure of going to the ER for the first time on my own!!
take care of your ovaries, ruptured ovarian cysts DO NOT FEEL GOOD!! at all! :(
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is terrible!!! Get feeling better you! I wish i could be there to give you a hug:)
Post a Comment