Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Still Miss Him So Much.. R.I.P. to such a great friend


I still can't believe I'll never see your amazing smile again in person... This next post is from my actual Journal on 2-10-08.. an ode to you..

I want to tell you a story, a memory have you will.. about Busty..

Remember when we went to the Spot, just the two of us? (the night when Tyler gave us that weird look cuz we were together and had only officially met one week prior)
We were at the Spot, playing darts, and just drinking and bullshitting. Pretty much having a great time. We talked about life; where it was going to take us. We talked about our next ventures; Me-Portland, You-the Alaska cruise ship. We talked about movies, books, and just everything! We were pretty much just getting to know each other. He would tell me a story about when he was just getting to work and was swishing some listerene cuz he was out partying the night before, and how he was getting out of his car while swishing, and in mid-swish, a customer asked him where the entrance was, and instead of spitting out the Listerene in front of the customer, he grimaced, and swallowed and then said, while pointing "The entrance is that way". I remember my reaction, I grimaced for him. Then he would tell me the story of how one night he and Matteo were drinking at Dante's in Seattle and decided they wanted some coffee from the Doug Fir in Portland, so they drove all the way down to Portland at 2:30am, slept in his car at a park n ride, and got coffee in the morning, and then headed back.

He amazed me at this point!!

We then started talking about books. I told him how I just finished reading Choke by Chuck Palanhiuk and we discussed it, that's when he asked me if I had read Haunted. I told him that I started reading it, but after the first story I put the book down because I was so grossed out. He told me I HAD to finish the book. I had to finish it so we could discuss it. (we never did get our discussion) He then told me that the book is life changing and how it changed his life and how it makes you change your thoughts about how bad life can really be. On that night, that very special night, I made a promise to him: that I would finish the book. As soon as I got back home to Portland, I picked it back up... The next story wasn't so bad. I thought to myself, "I can handle this". Then life happened again and I put the book back down. That was early 2007. When Busty died, I picked the book back up and started reading it again. For him, For Busty. I made that promise to him, and even though he's gone, I needed to full fill that promise I made to him several months back. So every chance I could, I would read the book. It took me awhile, but I read it. I finally finished it today. I almost didn't want to finish it, because it was as if I wanted to hold onto him longer. Hold onto his memory, my promise, just a little while longer. That's when I realized, i have to finish it, if not for him, but for myself. I knew I'll always have my memories with him forever in my heart...

I will always remember the the first night I met him at the Ram. I was there with some friends, and I stopped by his table to say Hi to some people I knew. Him taking the initiative to introduce himself, and me being intrigued by this guy. I will always remember seeing him outside while he was leaving work, but still coming over to sit with me until my break was over. We would talk about music, and I would recommend some bands for him to check out. We will always have Carriage Square.. When his head randomly popped up over the crowd when he saw me from across the bar and then running over to come talk to me.. That's the night he jumped into my car from the passenger side window and stole my RockStar and then slammed it on the ground, and then accidently took my Muse CD with it and broke it. CRAZY BUSTY! (Thats what I miss)
I will always remember my going away party and my going away present from him. (the Muse CD, and not one, but TWO RockStars) I will always remember him trying to convince me to leave my own going away party to come to the Meeker with him because that's where his ride was headed, and then thinking of a plan to get me back home safe and sound. (I should've gone with you)
I will always remember Dante's .. He got pissed at me because I ordered a Rum and Coke and because I was on a break from Jack (or a fight as I would say). He was so mad! I remember him telling me to suck it up and get over it and that he would buy me the Rum and Coke this time, but the next drink he'll buy me is is going to be a Jack and Coke 'nuff said. I remember when we parted that night he gave me the best hug! The longest hug! Many hugs!! Hekissed me on my forehead and said "drive safe, I'll call you tomorrow." and he did, and the message he left still replays in my head to this day! (party party party party party party party.. etc.) I remember the last night we ever hung out. He was so happy to see me (and likewise). I was back in town and so was he, and we partied it up, Busty style! Jack and Cokes all the way baby! The last word I ever said to him was "YEAH!" his last words to me were "I'm coming to Portland the first week of December!!" Those plans fell through.

I will never forget the day I found out that I lost him. My heart fell to the floor and shattered. I fell to the floor and shattered. It hurt so much to lose such an amazing person. I was 2 days too late to ever see his beautiful smile and listen to his witty banter, along with good laughs. (I miss that laugh!)

I guess you could say I sort of had a thing for Busty. What can I say, he lit up my life! He was so mesmorizing! Such an illuminating Character.

But what I really want to say is: Thank you Busty for being in my life, for giving me so many wonderful memories.. for giving me the opportunity to be your friend, No one can take that away from me... and thank you for making me finish that book, you were right! it was life changing!
Goodbye for now, and we will meet up again.. in the big unknown, or even in another life. I have truly never met anyone as inspiring and as awesome as you! It pains me that your life was cut so short. "the good left undone"
I love you Busty, and I will forever miss you!

love/your friend,
Claudia

In loving memory of Justin Ryan "Busty" Dunn 08/19/81 - 12/21/07

No comments: